Thursday, January 25, 2007

Sam's Thursday

Samuel started out today like any other: breakfast, diaper change, locate & put on Andrew's dirty underwear while I got dressed. After putting on clean clothes, we picked up Granny, ran several errands, & met Pa for lunch, which Samuel thoroughly enjoyed. Once our tanks were full, Granny, Sam, & I headed to the mall where Granny got her hair done. By this time, it was around 1:30 in the afternoon, & of course Samuel had not slept. Since my car desperately needed an oil change, I decided to risk a 30 minute wait at the Toyota dealership. We had only just gotten Samuel settled in the "children's" waiting room, complete with a lollipop, when the diaper situation erupted. Evidently, Sam's diaper had come unstuck so that the entire diaper had slid down his right leg. You can only imagine what dropped out from his left pant leg onto his sock, shoe, & the floor. Suffice it to say, at first I was at a loss as to what to wipe off first, but with Granny's help, Samuel was eventually cleaned up with a fresh diaper & even some new clothes (note the new shorts set I had just bought). Sam did get in a brief nap on the way home, but perked up long enough to play outside on our deck, terrorize the cats, & eat his Smarties candy right out of our cat bowl (his doing, not mine). Sam says he likes to make every day a memorable one!